These candied peanuts are a great snack for watching a movie, the big game, or just anytime you want something sweet and crunchy. I think they would be great mixed in with some buttery popcorn for a salty/sweet snack combo. Cause you know, I’m all about the salty/sweet snacks.
Originally, I wanted to make these for my Dad, because he really loves peanuts. He even took a package of peanuts everyday in his lunch, for many years. But I really love them, too. And so has everyone else that I’ve made them for.
Since I have started making these, I have also given them as gifts as a kinda thank you, or I’m thinking of you gift. What can I say, I love to give food. I think it’s one way I show my love and friendship.
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- salt, to sprinkle, optional
- Add the peanuts, sugar, and water to a large skillet.
- Cook them just under medium heat. The sugar will melt and will get kinda syrupy. Then it will start to clump up and get kinda dry and sandy looking in texture. That's what you want.
- Keep cooking them around till all the peanuts are coated and maybe just a little, tiny bit browned.
- When done cooking, dump them out onto a pan lined with parchment paper to cool completely.
- Mine usually turn out a little pinkish or reddish from the color on the skins of the peanuts. Totally Normal.
- After the sugar gets a sandy texture and starts to melt, you really need to stand there and stir. Don't leave them.
Happy Snacking Y’all!
P.S. — If you’ve tried these, let me know what you thought in the comments section below. Or if you just wanna say Hi, you can do so there too! 😉