This is a very chocolatey, easy, and quick to make icebox pie. It’s “easy as pie.”
Easy as pie. Chocolate Pie.
That phrase sure does apply to icebox pies, and this one in particular.
I love icebox pies. Just mix the ingredients together, pour into a crust, let it set in the fridge for a little while…Then, you have dessert.
Bonus, If you’re a planner, you could make this pie the night before you need it.
To make this pie even easier, just use a pre-made store bought graham cracker crust or Oreo cookie crust. (That’s what I did.)
If you would like to make your own graham cracker crust, KAF has one to go with this pie, right here.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa or Double-Dutch Dark Cocoa, (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups bittersweet, semisweet, or milk chocolate chips, chunks, or disks
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 store bought graham cracker crust (or make your own)
- First, things first, get a store bought cookie or graham cracker crust or make your own.
- Now, for the filling. Start with the hot water, cocoa, and vanilla. Combine them all together in a small bowl. Set that aside for now.
- Next, get the chocolate chunks. Put them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate until it's all melted, then let it cool for a while, about 10-15 minutes. (You can also melt the chocolate on the stovetop over low heat.)
- Now combine the cream, sugar and salt together. Whip the mixture with a stand mixer or a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Now, get the cocoa, hot water and vanilla we already mixed together. Stir this mixture into the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Now, comes the folding part. Get a whisk and use it to gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. No white streaks should be left. The chocolate should be completely mixed in.
- Get your cookie crust, (store bought or homemade). If you made a homemade crust, just make sure it is cool before adding the filling. Spread the filling out evenly in your crust.
- This pie needs at least 1 hour of refrigerator time before serving, or until the pie filling is firm.
- For extra decadence, top this pie with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Yum!
Quick and Easy. Creamy and Chocolatey. Enjoy this decadent pie.
If you’ve ever tried this pie or just have a favorite icebox pie you want to tell me about, just let me know in the comments. 🙂
If you like this, check these out: