Have you ever had one of those days that is soooo long and full, it feels like it was 2 or 3 days crammed into 1 day? Well, when I have one of those kinds of days I need some serious comfort food. One of my favorite comfort foods is cookie dough.
Now, I’ve had people tell me that eating raw cookie dough is not good for you. I’m not inclined to listen to those people. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life.
But, just in case, here is an egg less cookie dough that you can eat without worry of getting salmonella. (I found this recipe at familyfreshmeals.com .)
It does come with a whole other set of concerns though, such as will I fit in my pants if I make this too much? Where will I hide my cookie dough so I can get a spoonful during the night and no one will be the wiser?
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- Start by mixing and mashing your softened butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla together until well combined.
- Next, mix in the 1 Tablespoon of milk.
- Slowly add in the flour, mixing in 1 Tablespoon at a time until you have all 5 Tablespoons mixed in.
- Finally, add in the chocolate chips. Mix until well combined. Now your cookie dough is ready to eat!
- Put however many chocolate chips you want. I like to use 3 Tablespoons or more.
- I like a lot of vanilla so I put in 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.