A few days ago, I posted a recipe for an Edible (Eggless) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, which I adapted from familyfreshmeals.com.
Well, I got to thinking. My thinking was that I would use this recipe as a jumping off point for making other eggless cookie doughs to eat.
So, I thought I’d try my hand at making my Momma’s favorite cookie dough first, the Oatmeal Scotchie, because I love my Momma! … and Oatmeal Scotchies, but mostly because of my Momma. 😉
I have to say, I think it was a roaring success.
I thought it would be the perfect time to post this recipe, because Oatmeal Scotchies seem like a Fall recipe to me. Maybe it’s the color of the chips, maybe it’s the oats, but for whatever reason they say “Fall” to me.
What do you think? Is this a Fall/Autumn recipe?
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Tablespoons of quick oats
- 2-3 Tablespoons of butterscotch chips
- Mix/mash your softened butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla together until well combined.
- Next, mix in the Tablespoon of milk.
- Now, mix the flour in until well combined.
- After adding the flour, mix/mash in the quick oats. Using the mix/mash method works well for this.
- Finally, mix in the butterscotch chips.
- Now, GO ENJOY YOUR COOKIE DOUGH!
- I'm not your boss, Add as many chips as you want!
If you like this recipe, you might want to try this one: