I am by no means a coffee aficionado. In fact, I am kinda weird about coffee. I don’t like hot coffee. Not black, not with cream or sugar, or anything. I just don’t like hot coffee. Yes, I know, I’m weird.
But cold coffee, or cold coffee drinks rather, that is another thing entirely. I love cold coffee drinks. I think I got started on the cold coffee drinks from McDonald’s. I tried a Caramel Frappe one day and I was hooked. I loooooove those things.
I do love those Caramel Frappes. However, I don’t need to spend money on them everyday, plus I don’t go to town very often anyways, so I had to figure out how to make my own cold coffee drinks at home.
My search for an Iced Coffee recipe started with the Pioneer Woman’s Perfect Iced Coffee, (which you can find here). (Btw, I highly suggest making her recipe if you make a lot of Iced Coffees. It’s so good.)
Now, I really, really liked this Iced Coffee but it took me a while to strain it and it made a lot of concentrate. My Momma and I were the only ones using the coffee concentrate and we had a lot of it, so it lasted us a long time.
I figured making a smaller batch or finding a way to make just one Iced Coffee when I wanted it would be a good thing.
So, I thought, there has got to be an easier way to do Iced Coffee. Like, with instant coffee. I had used instant coffee in other coffee drinks before and those drinks turned out well. I figured Iced Coffee would be good made with instant coffee, too.
And it is! I’m so glad I found a way to make a quick and easy Iced Coffee.
Try it!. I think you’ll like it, too. ; )
Here’s what you need.
Add 2 heaping teaspoons of instant coffee to the cold water and stir well.
In the same measuring cup you used for the water and coffee, measure out the creamer. I use about 1/4 cup of creamer. You can adjust to your taste.
Add 1/2 cup milk. (Together the creamer and the milk will measure 3/4 cup.) And then pour the cream and milk mixture into your glass and stir well.
Now it’s ready. Go enjoy your Iced Coffee! Wasn’t that easy? And so fast!
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 heaping teaspoons instant coffee
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup of your favorite creamer
- 1/2 cup milk
- First, measure 3/4 cup of cold water.
- Add 2 heaping teaspoons of instant coffee to the cold water and stir well.
- Get a big glass, 16 oz. at least. Put as much ice as you want. I will use about 5-6 ice cubes.
- Pour the coffee over the ice.
- In the same measuring cup you used for the water and coffee, measure out the creamer. I use 1/4 cup of creamer.
- Then add 1/2 cup milk.
- Pour the cream and milk mixture into your glass and stir well.
- Now it's ready. Go enjoy your Iced Coffee!
- Try different creamers for different Iced Coffee flavors. I like Caramel Macchiato, Chocolate Caramel, and Chocolate Chip Cookie creamer.