Banana Bread #2 or Mom’s Banana Bread
This is my Mom’s recipe for Banana Bread. It is a very moist and flavorful bread. This is the only banana bread she’s made for as long as I can remember. With a good reason, because it is a very good bread.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Next, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- You can sift the dry ingredients together and then mix into the sugar mixture, but I usually don’t sift and the bread turns out fine.
- After you get all that mixed together, blend in the bananas and the walnuts.
- Empty the mixture out into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.